Exhibit Submission Guidelines
REGIONAL ARTS CENTER
EXHIBITION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
TRAHC’S Visual Arts Program consists of touring, juried and invitational (solo & group) exhibitions. Artists who wish to have an exhibition at the Regional Arts Center need to submit an application. The Visual Arts Advisory Committee reviews the application and the works submitted. Their recommendations are reviewed by the Director of Visual Arts and Community Programs and approved by the Executive Director.
- Open to all artists 18 or over. Preference will be given to artists living within a 100-mile radius of Texarkana.
- All media will be considered. However, because of exhibition space limitations, works of art must be able to be displayed by hanging on a wall or being placed on a pedestal or the floor.
- All works submitted for consideration must be original.
- Artists may apply throughout the calendar year.
2. Application Procedure: Artists who desire to have their work displayed in Regional Arts Center should send the following:
- A Minimum of 12 slides of their work properly labeled, CD, or website with 12 examples and sizes of work to be displayed.
- Resume and exhibition list with prices of work
- Artist’s statement. This should include the purpose of this exhibition.
- Artist biography. This should be 3-4 sentences in length.
3. Exhibition Policies
- Average length of exhibition is will range from 4- 8 weeks.
- All work accepted must remain for the duration of the exhibition.
- Works are entered at the artist’s own risk. Although great care will be taken, neither TRAHC, nor its agents, will assume responsibility for loss or damage from any cause.
- TRAHC does not provide wall-to-wall all-risk insurance for objects.
- All works must be complete an ready for hanging/display. All paintings must be framed. Works on paper or paper stock must be under glass or plexi-glass.
- All works must be hand delivered to and picked up form the Arts Center on dates specified by TRAHC.
- TRAHC reserves the right to reject any work for exhibition that was not accurately represented by slides, CD or website, or with the original application.
- All public relations and printed material will be handled by TRAHC.
- TRAHC will determine the hours exhibitions are open to the public.
- The For Arts’ Sake Gift Shop shall deduct twenty percent of all exhibit sales as commission.
- TRAHC reserves the right to photograph or use any of the works for the purpose of publicity.
- Exhibition design and presentation will be at the discretion of TRAHC.
- Artists may be requested to attend public or members opening.
For further questions, please call 903.792.8681
Send Applications to:
Director of Visual Arts and Community Programs
P.O. Box 1171
Texarkana, TX 75504